23rd Annual Garden d’Lights at the Bellevue Botanical Garden
November 25 through December 31, 2017
Hours: 4:30pm to 9:00pm (the lights go out at 9:30pm),
every evening, including holidays.
Skip the lines and buy your tickets online
TICKETS CAN BE USED ON ANY NIGHT
Garden d’Lights features over half a million sparkling lights formed into the whimsical shapes of plants, flowers, birds, animals, and cascading waterfalls set amid the natural beauty of the Bellevue Botanical Garden.
$5 per person; children 10 and under are free and do not need a ticket. Tickets can be used on any night.
BUY YOUR TICKET BEFORE YOU COME TO THE GARDEN
Avoid standing in ticket lines to purchase tickets at the Garden by purchasing your ticket online.
EVENT FREE NIGHTS: Sorry, there are no remaining free nights this year.
The event is free for all on Free Nights and tickets are not required. Usually all can be accommodated on free nights, but event staff will be present to control the flow of entrants so everyone can have an enjoyable experience. There could be a wait.
Premium parking in the Garden’s lot is available for $5/car, cash only, as space allows. Parking is free in this lot for individuals with a disability parking permit. Free parking is available at Wilburton Hill Park, located east of the Garden on the south side of Main Street. **Please note: Event parking is not permitted across Main Street. For more information, please see the Directions & Parking page.
Come inside, have a seat and warm up! Coffee, tea, hot chocolate and snacks will be available for purchase in the Aaron Education Center.
Come to the Aaron Education Center to see the amazing Gingerbread Castle of Dreams, created especially for Garden d’Lights by our Wilburton neighbors.
Sorry, dogs and other pets are not allowed at Garden d’Lights or anywhere in the Garden. Service animals only are permitted.
- There are disabled parking spots available in our lot for vehicles displaying a state-issued disabled parking permit. There is no charge to park in these spots.
- We do not have wheelchairs available at the event.
- Accessible restrooms are located near the Trillium Store.
- The pathways around the buildings are all paved and some lights can be seen from there.
- Nearly all of the pathways through the bulk of the lights are gravel, and many of the pathways have a slight slope to them. The gravel is 3/8 minus, which packs down and is considered an ADA-compliant material.
- The patio at the Shorts House is paved, and many lights can be seen from there. It is about a 1/8 mile walk to the Shorts House.
- The entire route is approximately 3/4 of a mile.
Music will return to Garden d’Lights this year! For many years, music was a tradition during the event, but was discontinued several years ago. We are thrilled to bring music back again! Performance locations are either the Gathering Place (just inside the main entrance), or the Aaron Education Center (north of the main entrance). Below is this year’s Musical Entertainment Schedule:
- Sunday, November 26, 6pm, Gathering Place, Northwest Sound, men’s a cappella chorus
- Saturday, December 2, 6pm, Aaron Education Center, Neal Chin (Ukulele)
- Sunday, December 3, 5:45pm, Gathering Place, Bellevue Youth Symphony Orchestra Holiday Flute Tour
- Monday, December 4, Gathering Place, 5:20pm: Bellevue Boychoir; 6pm: Bellevue Girlchoir
- Tuesday, December 5, 6:30pm, Gathering Place, Youth Opera Project, a partnership between Seattle Opera & Seattle Public Theater
- Monday, December 11, 6pm, Aaron Education Center, Sammamish Symphony Quartet
- Wednesday, December 13, 5:30pm, Aaron Education Center, Hana Hou Ukulele Group
- Thursday, December 14, 6pm, Gathering Place, KnightSounds (vocal jazz group from Newport High School)
- Saturday, December 16, 6:15pm, Aaron Education Center, Sammamish Youth Chamber Group
- Friday, December 22, 6:30pm, Aaron Education Center, The Joe Fina Four (saxophone quartet)
- Wednesday, December 27, 6:45pm, Gathering Place, Rainy Day Brass Quintet
- Thursday, December 28, 6:15pm, Gathering Place, Bellevue Ukulele Players Association
- Saturday, December 30, 6pm, Aaron Education Center, Susanna (vocalist)
NOTE: End times of performances vary by group, but each performance lasts between 30 and 60 minutes.
Garden d’Lights is produced by Bellevue Botanical Garden Society in partnership with Bellevue Parks & Community Services.