FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where: Bellevue Botanical Garden, 12001 Main Street, Bellevue, 98005
When: Saturday, November 25 – Sunday, December 31, 2017 (including Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve)
Time: 4:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. (the lights go out at 9:30 p.m.)
Cost: $5.00, 11 years and over; children 10 and under are free
Tickets can be used on any night
The display is outdoors on a well-lit pathway. You can plan on walking 3/4 mile including the walk from your car. Your time will vary depending on how long you pause to enjoy this one-of-a-kind display.
We will be open, even if it rains. In the event of more severe weather, see “Weather” below.
Tickets are available for purchase at the display entrance on a first-come first-served basis.
- There are disabled parking spots available in our lot for vehicles displaying a state-issued disabled parking permit. There is no charge to park in these spots.
- We do not have wheelchairs available at the event.
- Accessible restrooms are located near the Trillium Store.
- The pathways around the buildings are all paved and some lights can be seen from there.
- Nearly all of the pathways through the bulk of the lights are gravel, and many of the pathways have a slight slope to them. The gravel is 3/8 minus, which packs down and is considered an ADA-compliant material.
- The patio at the Shorts House is paved, and many lights can be seen from there. It is about a 1/8 mile walk to the Shorts House.
- The entire route is approximately 3/4 of a mile.
Limited Mobility Parking
Some free disabled parking is available in the Garden’s parking lot, located at 12001 Main St., for those with limited mobility. You must have a disabled parking permit to park in this monitored lot. You may also drop people off in the loading zone and proceed to free parking off-site, or pay $5 to park in the Garden’s parking lot (cash only).
- The ratio of caregiver to your guests should be about 1:5 – please stay with them to ensure their safety.
- There are some steps, inclines, gravel and puddles.
- All visitors should dress for the weather; non-skid shoes are recommended.
- Please allow at least 45 minutes for guests to stroll the garden and soak up the beauty!
- Accessibility Guides available upon request.
Buses may drop passengers off and pick them up in the loading zone within our entry drive at 12001 Main St. There is no loading/unloading on Main Street. Only small shuttle buses may park in the Garden’s lot. Larger buses must park off site and return for their passengers.
From I-405, take the NE 8th Street East exit, turn right on 124th Avenue. Follow the curve to the right, go up the hill and turn left into the Garden’s monitored parking lot.
A map of the current year’s route, which includes a list of the animal creations for you to find, is available at the door or download yours here.
We are often asked if we offer military, senior, group, or other discounts for Garden d’Lights. Garden d’Lights is produced by the Bellevue Botanical Garden Society, a non-profit organization, and we use proceeds from this event to support our programs, and to make improvements to the Bellevue Botanical Garden. For these reasons, we do not offer discounts for this event. If the cost of the event is prohibitive for you, we suggest you visit on one of our free nights. See FREE NIGHTS, below.
Music will return to Garden d’Lights this year! For many years, music was a tradition during the event, but was discontinued several years ago. We are thrilled to bring music back again! Performance locations are either the Gathering Place (just inside the main entrance), or the Aaron Education Center (north of the main entrance).
The following performances still remain:
- Thursday, December 28, 6:15pm, Gathering Place, Bellevue Ukulele Players Association
- Saturday, December 30, 6pm, Aaron Education Center, Susanna (vocalist)
End times of performances vary by group, but each performance will last between 30 and 60 minutes.
Garden Society members will receive one free pass for an individual membership, or four for a family membership. We mail admission passes to current members in November. Bring them with you for admittance to the show on the night of your choice. Not a member yet? Join now at our secure website!
Hot drinks and snacks are available for purchase in The Aaron Education Center. Please enjoy your treats indoors. There is no restaurant at the Garden or within walking distance of the Garden.
Tickets are non-refundable. If you are unable to use your tickets, please give them to a friend, or consider the cost of your tickets as a donation to the non-profit Bellevue Botanical Garden Society.
Avoid the line by getting your ticket on-line! Express entry provided for those who purchase tickets in advance. Tickets may be purchased here. Tickets can be used on any night. You can print your ticket, or show your ticket on your smartphone. Customers needing live assistance with their ticket purchase can call our 24-hour answering service at 888-959-6841.
Tickets can also be purchased at the event. Cost is $5 per person. We accept cash, check and VISA/MasterCard. Children 10 and under are free and do not need a ticket.
No tickets are necessary on free nights. Admission is on space-available basis: first come, first served.
While we plan carefully to make our system run smoothly, please be patient. Allow plenty of time for parking and entering the show. Every “staff” person you meet as you enter Garden d’Lights is a volunteer, enriching our community through their service.
The event goes on rain or shine every night including holidays. On occasion, it may be necessary to cancel the event because of snow, ice, high winds, or other adverse weather conditions. If we cancel the event due to snow or power outage, we will post an alert on this website, our Facebook page (Garden D’Lights) and Twitter (@bellevuebotanic).